Posts Tagged ‘San Diego Prohibition’

History and Legacy of The Mission Brewery Plaza Building

The Mission Brewery was built as a brewery in 1912-1913 and opened in June 1913. The brewing industry was pioneered in San Diego by Austrian immigrants Mr. Doblar and Mr. Wedel who opened many local beer gardens following the opening of the first brewery in 1868. The San Diego Brewing Company was later founded in…

Read More